I generally take care of the gardening, minor plumbing problems and a little bit of carpentry in my house. This has to lead me to own multiple hand tools and power tools. But I am kind of a messy person and tend to leave the tools anywhere after using them. That’s why, in the past, it was very common for me to turn the house upside down looking for a tool.
Can you relate to it? If yes, I think it’s time for you to have a tool chest where all of them can be stored together. But which brand to choose in particular?
Husky and Craftsman both currently top the most favorite list of DIYers. But still, it is not wise to buy a product without knowing much about it. In today’s article, we will compare Husky vs Craftsman tool chest and will try to conclude which one can be a better choice.
Husky Tool Chest
Being a mid-level brand that provides good quality products within a budget-friendly range, Husky has gained much popularity in recent years. The Husky tool chest lineup is quite liked by users, especially DIY workers, for being durable, full of features, and not so expensive.
But if you ask, are Husky tool chests any good? Are they the best choice for me? That will be a little difficult to answer without taking a good look at the product’s features. Shall we explore them together?
Highlighted Features of Husky Tool Chest
Husky tool chest offers quite a few premium features despite their not so high price range. Even though some changes in features can be seen with different models, almost all husky tool boxes come with some common properties, like being lightweight, modern design, compact structure, smooth finishing, durable, and so on.
There are some features that have caught our attention specifically. I’m sure you will like to know what they are-
- Lightweight: Despite being packed with modern features, husky tool chests are pretty lightweight. They can be taken anywhere quickly. It is excellent for professionals who travel a lot.
- Durability: Husky generally goes for stainless steel to make the toolbox durable along with being lightweight. You definitely won’t like to change your toolbox every year, will you?
- Soft Close Drawer: Unlike regular tool chests that need hard slamming to close appropriately, its drawers can be shut down pretty easily with a smooth close system.
- Fast Release Feature: This specific feature from the Husky toolbox line is a blessing for those who are used to fast working with multiple tools. With a fast-release part, it can keep pace with fast and quick access to tools.
- Additional Toolkit: Some models of husky toolbox possess a hex key set. It can adjust fine to any model and is undoubtedly a bonus gift for new DIYers who are not willing to buy all types of tools at once.
Keep In Mind
- Space: From small hand tools to more extensive power tools, we generally organize them all in a single tool chest. However, the tool chests from husky have very little space. Having a toolbox that is not enough to keep all your tools may not be beneficial.
- Narrow Drawers: Along with having small spaces, the opening of the drawers is relatively narrow too. As a result, large tools may face difficulty adjusting inside.
Here we make a list of the top-selling best Husky tool chest. They are:-
Craftsman Tool Chest
If we take a closer look at the tool market, Craftsman has been keeping its firm share of control in it. Undoubtedly, it is one of the most popular brands in the current time. And why won’t they? After all, they never fail to provide users with premium quality tools at a lower price.
Of course, Craftsman has an expensive product lineup with exclusive features. However, their regular tools and accessories are above average, which is the solemn reason for them being so popular. Let’s take a look at Craftsman’s tool chest reviews, shall we?
Highlighted Features of Craftsman Tool Chest
Even though Craftsman is a reliable brand, we can’t buy a product without analyzing it first. Craftsman toolboxes are durable and can withstand rough usage. The easy portable facility makes it suitable for both professionals and home workers. Its secure grip also adds a bonus which is why users seem to like it very much.
Having an ample space, security lock, tool chest from Craftsman can undoubtedly be a wise choice. Let’s explore their features a bit more, shall we?
For Craftsman tool chests, here are the common features that we have liked on the models-
- Large Space: All models of Craftsman toolbox have insanely large spaces in comparison to other brands. This alone makes the product something to invest in. Users who have lots of tools can easily keep them together.
- Compartment: In most cases, dividers are already installed in the toolbox, making separate chambers for different types of tools. It helps to keep specific tools separated. But you can also remove it if you don’t prefer to.
- Security Lock: Your ultimate aim of keeping the tools safe and secure in a toolbox can be achieved more easily with Craftsman’s new internal locking system. It adds double-layer security so that the tools are off-limits, especially to kids.
- Durability: Craftsman prefer using Aluminum for the body of tool chests. And we all know when it comes to enduring harsh weather, rough use, Aluminum can hold out much better than other materials. As a result, the toolset is not prone to damage and can last for a long time.
- Price: Even though packed with different features, the cost for the Craftsman toolbox is relatively minimal. You can get a pretty decent model within $200 or so. That’s amazing, isn’t it?
Keep In Mind
- Accessibility: A minor flaw that we have noticed in this product is that the drawers may seem a little difficult to access. There’s an internal lock system, making it a little harder to get a hold of the tool in a hurry.
Here we make a list of the top-selling best Craftsman tool chest. They are:-
Husky vs Craftsman 3 Drawer Tool Box
For general DIYers or home workers, having a three-drawer toolbox is more than enough. The few tools they own can be easily kept in it. But yes, one can always opt for a larger one if necessary.
After all the discussion we have had, if you ask, which one is better Husky or Craftsman tool chest? I will say it’s still a little difficult to answer. Even though from our perspective, Craftsman probably has the upper hand now, it can always vary from user to user. If you are looking for a toolbox that you can carry everywhere, you will probably like Husky over Craftsman.
In case you want a highly durable tool chest at a budget-friendly price, Craftsman may be a wiser choice. So, at the end of the day, it depends on the user himself.
Lastly, do not worry much about the brands. Both of them are pretty similar, a mid-range brand aiming to provide a better service.
Husky 3 Drawer Portable Tool Chest with Tray
- This tool box is best for its solid build quality.
- Made from iron.
- Enough space to carry all essential tools.
- Affordable price.
Craftsman 3-Drawer Metal Portable Chest Toolbox Red
- This toolbox is the best for the extra security features.
- This toolbox is made of metal.
- This toolbox has a portability feature.
- Affordable price.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is Husky A Good Brand Of Tools?
-Yes, of course! Husky is one of the few brands that aims to provide the best quality at a budget-friendly price. They are quite famous for their hand tools, accessories.
2. Are Husky Tool Chests Made In China?
-Yes, Husky has now shifted its main production house to china. Formerly it used to be exclusively manufactured in the United States.
3. What Is The Best Toolbox Brand?
-That’s a difficult question to answer. We can’t surely put any brand on top as all brands have their own reason for being famous. However, brands like Craftsman, Milwaukee, Makita, Husky, etc., are currently dominating the market.
Tools chests or cabinets are pretty helpful in keeping tools organized in a small place. Whether it is Husky or Craftsman tool chest, or any other brand, they aim to serve the same purpose. However, for having some additional features, a few brands are now getting more attention.
We know selecting a product amongst hundreds of similar items is never easy. That’s why, in today’s article, we have tried to demonstrate the Husky vs Craftsman tool chest to our best knowledge. Hopefully, it will help you to understand which one suits your situation the best.