The toolbox is important for almost all walks of people. Even if you are directly not linked with the tool industry, you will need a toolbox or tool chest sometimes.
My father is a Dentist. Still, we had a big black and blue craftsman toolbox in our house. I have many in my house now, as I am a hobbyist and do many DIYs and repairings.
There are numerous toolboxes in the market now. There is another category of them, called tool chests. Besides workbenches are also used as tool organizers. Milwaukee workbenches and Milwaukee tool chests are good. However, are you particularly looking for a toolbox review? Then, you are at the right place. I will give the Milwaukee toolbox review here.
Milwaukee has gained a worldwide appreciation for its pack-out series. It is a convenient modular storage system that makes transporting and storing the tools smooth and organized.
- 1 11 most popular Milwaukee toolbox review:
- 1.1 1. Milwaukee Pack Out Large Tool Box
- 1.2 2. Milwaukee Toolbox Packout
- 1.3 3. Milwaukee pack out tool case with foam customizable insert
- 1.4 4. Milwaukee 48-22-8422 PACKOUT Compact Tool Box
- 1.5 5. Milwaukee 48-22-8435 Pack out Small Parts Organizer
- 1.6 6. 48-22-8426 Packout 22″, Rolling Tool Box
- 1.7 7. Milwaukee 48-22-8030 Jobsite Organizer
- 1.8 8. Milwaukee 48-22-8431 PACKOUT Low-Profile Organizer
- 1.9 9. Milwaukee 48-22-8436 Packout Compact Low-Profile Organizer
- 1.10 10. Milwaukee 4932464078 Transport Trolley Pack
- 1.11 11. Milwaukee Tool Case
- 1.12 Milwaukee toolbox Buying Guide:
- 1.13 Milwaukee Packout Overview
- 1.14 Milwaukee Packout Features
- 1.15 Boxes:
- 1.16 Compartment Design:
- 1.17 Dimensions:
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- 3 Conclusion:
11 most popular Milwaukee toolbox review:
1. Milwaukee Pack Out Large Tool Box
Its model number is 48-22-8425. It is the large toolbox of the Pack Out series. I will tell you more about the pack-out series in the buying guide.
Its building material is heavy-duty impact-resistant, and the corners are metal reinforced. Thus, it can survive the torture of the harsh job sites.
This toolbox is not only designed for storage but also for transportation. It is IP65 rated weather sealed. So, you can carry it in any location, in any weather, tension-free.
You will also find an organizer tray inside. It’s a surprise to many, as you do not usually get an organizer tray with a toolbox.
This organizer tray helps to keep the tools suitably organized inside the box. Milwaukee 48-22-8425 is originally an Electric tool keeping box.
It has a weight capacity of 100 lbs that is 45 kgs. Yes, that’s a lot. It has a metal bolstered locking point.Its length is 22.1 inches, width 16.1 inches, and height 11.3 inches.
It has a sturdy metal handle on the top for easy transport.The lid of the toolbox is black, and the body is red.
- Modular Connectivity with all pack out boxes
- IP65 Rated Weather Sealed
- 100 lbs. weight capacity
- Metal Reinforced Top Handle
- No divider
2. Milwaukee Toolbox Packout
Its model number is 48-22-8424. It is the small toolbox of the pack-out series. However, it is not that small. Its length is 22.1 inches, width is 16.1 inches, and height 6.6 inches.
You can find three zones inside the toolbox. There are four removable organizers on two sides of the box. Among these organizers, there are two bottom bins with removable dividers, a lightweight lidded organizer box, and a shallow open compartment tray.
These organizers are not interchangeable. You have to keep the bottom bins at the base. The center zone is pretty spacious. You can store a drill, driver, charger, and batteries there. The four organizers can store plenty of small equipment like screwdriver bits, fasteners, and more.
You cannot replace them with the upper ones. Like the large toolbox, it also comes with a strong long handle. There is also a small side handle that lets it hold as a briefcase.
It has a weight capacity of 75 lbs. It is impact-resistant with an IP65 rated weather sealTherefore, it is suitable for carrying in the harsh job sites. It is compatible with all other toolboxes of the pack-out series.
- 75 lbs. weight capacity
- Compatible with all pack-out modular storage products
- Four smaller organizing boxes
- IP65 Rated Weather Sealed and metal bolstered top handle
3. Milwaukee pack out tool case with foam customizable insert
Its model number is 42-22-8450. Its dimension is smaller than the small toolbox of the Milwaukee pack-out series. Its building material is the same as that of the previous two toolboxes. The material is impact resistant with Weather Seal.
It guards the tools against rain and adverse job sites. This toolbox has a metal reinforced locking point.
Its weight capacity is the same as the small toolbox, 75 lbs. What makes it different from the other toolboxes is the customizable foam inside it. This case is supposed to hold one drill and a 1/4-inch impact driver.
However, it can contain a lot more than that. You can cut the foam as per your requirement and fit your tool (Layout all the tools first and then trace). Just make sure it does not exceed the weight limit.
It has an impact-resistant molded base. Thus, it can connect with all other pack-out system components.
- 75 lbs. weight capacity
- Impact Resistant building material and Weather Seal (IP65 Rated)
- Can be connected with all pack out components
- Customizable Foam Insert
- Metal Reinforced Locking Point
- No foam on the lid
4. Milwaukee 48-22-8422 PACKOUT Compact Tool Box
This model has a unique dimension. Its length is 10 inches, width 16.2 inches, and height 13 inches. It is the most positively rated toolbox on this list. Its compact design adjustable dividers make it so unique.
You can customize the compartments as per your requirement. You can store plenty of tools there. It has the same impact-resistant body as the other toolboxes of the pack-out series. Like the previous two toolboxes of the list, its weight capacity is 75 lbs. It has an IP65 Rated Weather Seal.
As it is so compact, it is more convenient to carry. The weather seal makes it safe to bring outside in the harsh job sites. It has a strong black integrated handle at the top.It has an interior storage tray at the top. You can keep small tools and equipment there.
You can only remove the tray and only keep the dividers. Or remove all the adjustable dividers inside and use it as a single toolbox. You can use it in any way you like.It also has a metal-reinforced locking point.
- Quick-Adjust Dividers
- Weight capacity 75 lbs.
- Impact Resistant Body
- Impact-resistant body
- Interior storage tray
5. Milwaukee 48-22-8435 Pack out Small Parts Organizer
It is a half-width organizer. The lid is transparent and firm. It has five compartments inside the box with four small square boxes and one big rectangular box. The lid prevents the components from spilling into other compartment boxes while transporting or moving.
The boxes are removable. You can interchange them if you want.The building material is the same as the other boxes. It can be modeled on the top of any of the other Packout tool boxes. And the two smaller tool bags can attach on top of it.
It has sturdy latches and a front handle. The latches here are on the corners. And the handle has a high-quality pivoting hinge like the other box handles.It provides the ultimate closure security.
The organizers of the pack-out series have weather seals too. However, there is one minor problem with the five removable bins. You cannot adjust six boxes here. You will need one big rectangular box to organize. So, it kind of lacks that flexibility.
- Five movable bins
- No-travel bins seal prevents components inside the compartment bins from mixing
- IP65 Rated Weather Seal
- Compact design
- Can fit on any of the other pack-out tool boxes and organizers
- A bit inflexible
6. 48-22-8426 Packout 22″, Rolling Tool Box
It is the main port for the transportation of the pack-out modular storage system. You can also call it the base of the pack-out series.
The quality of it is startling. You get an industrial-grade extension handle with this rolling toolbox. The handle might seem overbuilt at first but keep in mind that it will take a load of all other boxes on top of it.
This rolling toolbox has metal reinforced corners. A full impact-resistant polymer body with such corners makes it so strong. It comes with an interior organizer tray for better storage. It has an enormous weight capacity of 250 lbs.
It can store a bulk of tools and equipment. It connects with all other pack-out system parts with creed locking cleats.
The wheels of this rolling toolbox are also impressive. They are 9″ All-Terrain Tires. You can roll them anywhere on your job sites. You do not have to worry about the wheels or the tools inside.
You do not need to worry about the weather as well. The toolbox is protected with an IP65 rated weather seal. The length of this rolling toolbox is 22.1 inches, breadth 25.6 inches, and height 18.9 inches.
- Industrial Grade Extension Handle
- Interior Organizing Tray
- 9 inches All-Terrain Tires
- Weight Capacity 250 lbs.
- Compatible with all other pack-out components with joined locking cleats
7. Milwaukee 48-22-8030 Jobsite Organizer
This organizer from Milwaukee is not from the pack-out series. But it is still a versatile and high-quality organizer. It is so efficient that it can store 20% more compared to the other organizers in the market of its kind.
It comes with eight small and two large bins. They can be attached to any Jobsite material by using the integrated screw slots.
The size of the small square box is 4 inches. They can be easily exchanged with a regular electrical box. You can also interchange them in the box. They are convenient to use.
Moreover, there is also a no-travel seal around the bins to prevent the components from moving inside the box.
You can carry multiple organizers at once with the innovative side clips on the box. You can attach another Milwaukee 20 inches Jobsite Organizer on the top of it with these clips.Its length is 13.5 inches, width 17.05 inches, and height 3.5 inches.
- No-travel seals to prevent mixing of equipment
- Total ten mountable bins
- Easy to use and handle
- Not compatible with pack-out series components
8. Milwaukee 48-22-8431 PACKOUT Low-Profile Organizer
It is another organizer of the pack-out series. It is larger than the previous one. It has ten movable storage bins with adjustable dividers.
It has an extra central thin rectangular space for holding more accessories. It is a bit lower in height than the movable bins.
As expected from the pack-out series, this organizer is also constructed with impact-resistant materials. The sturdy transparent lid of the organizer prevents the components inside the bins from mixing. It also keeps them safe while transporting.
This low-profile organizer also has IP65 rated weather seal protection. So, you can carry it to your job sites in any weather. They feature heavy-duty latches and reinforced hinges for ultimate security.
The bins also have small notches to mount them outside the box. However, you have to be extra careful while closing the lid. Make sure to keep the bins in the right place due to the configuration of the lead.
- Ten movable storage bins with removable dividers
- IP65 rated weather seal
- Heavy-duty latches and reinforced hinges
- Compatible with all other pack-out components
- You have to follow the lid’s pattern to organize the bins.
9. Milwaukee 48-22-8436 Packout Compact Low-Profile Organizer
It is a low-profile organizer from the pack-out series of Milwaukee. It is the third organizer in my Milwaukee toolbox review.
Like the other toolboxes of the pack-out series, it is built with impact-resistant materials. It also has weather seal protection rated IP65. The impact-resistant material with the seal protection makes it safe for transporting it to all rough and tough job sites in all weather.
The small organizer’s interior has five movable bins with adjustable dividers.The sturdy see-through lid has seals, which prevent the components in the storage bins from mixing.These assure that it keeps all the components inside protected and contained.
- Compact design with transparent lid
- Heavy-duty latches and reinforced hinges
- Five movable storage bins with adjustable dividers
- Compatible with other pack-out components
- Few storage bins
10. Milwaukee 4932464078 Transport Trolley Pack
It is a trolly box of the pack-out series as well. The look of it is different from the previous transport trolley box as its color is black. However, the features are almost the same.
The building material is impact-resistant polymers. It has an impressive capacity of 250 pounds like the 48-22-8426.
It has an industrial-grade extension handle for carrying the other toolboxes of the pack-out series.
This rolling toolbox has metal reinforced corners. A full impact-resistant polymer body with such corners makes it so strong.
It can store a bulk of tools and equipment. It connects with all other pack-out system parts with creed locking cleats.
The wheels of this rolling toolbox are also impressive. They are oversized 228 mm all-terrain wheels. So, roll them anywhere on your job sites. You do not have to worry about the wheels or the tools inside. You do not need to worry about the weather as well.
The length of this rolling toolbox is 22.1 inches, breadth 25.6 inches, and height 18.9 inches.
- Metal reinforced corners and locking point
- 250 lbs. weight capacity
- Weather seal (IP65 rated) to protect from rain and job site debris
- Compatible with all pack-out toolboxes
- High quality industrial grade extension handle
11. Milwaukee Tool Case
It is the most different one in this Milwaukee toolbox review. It is not so versatile compared to the other toolboxes on the list. However, it can be pretty useful for you if you need the service it provides.
It is a tool combo kit of Milwaukee tools. But here we are talking about the tool case only. It is made for the Hammer Drill & Impact Driver of Milwaukee. However, there are many other tools of Milwaukee that fit in it.
The material of the Milwaukee Tool Case is Hard vinyl. The length of the case is 16 inches, width 20 inches, and height 7 inches. And the weight is 6.49 pounds.
It will also fit 2760-20, 2760-20 1/4″ Fuel Surge Hex Impact Drive. The tool case is half red and half black.
- Molded for fitting the perfect tools
- Compatible with many tools
- Strong and durable
- Not as strong as the pack-out series
- Not flexible
These are the 11 best Milwaukee toolbox review with pros and cons. However, there are some more things to know about the Milwaukee toolboxes.
Milwaukee toolbox Buying Guide:
Let us start with the most popular portable tool storage system of Milwaukee, pack-out. Then I will outline some fundamental things to check before buying any Milwaukee toolbox.
Milwaukee Packout Overview
If you are a professional, you know how important it is to store and transport tools without damaging them. All the reputed tool manufacturing companies are working to develop a better solution to this problem/ demand.
Milwaukee has also come up with an innovative and user-friendly solution with its pack-out series. It has added a new dimension in the tools of transportation technology.
Now, you do not have to look in twenty different places for your tools. You also do not need extra transport for carrying your toolboxes. Milwaukee packout tool box series has a solution for all.
Milwaukee Packout Features
· Modular storage system: This is what makes it so handy and efficient. You can connect both hard toolboxes and soft bags into the system.
· Easy function: The modular system of the toolboxes is smooth and innovative. The top of the box has indents with slide systems. And the bottom has one too that fits into the box below it. It locks itself by sliding. Attaching and detaching the toolboxes is super smooth and fast.
To remove a toolbox from the system, you have to pull up the black release and slide forward. That’s it!
· Weather Seal: You can see from the Milwaukee toolbox review that all the toolboxes of the pack-out series have an IP65 rated weather seal. It guards the tools and materials inside the toolbox from rain water and harsh weather.
· Latches: The latches used in all the toolboxes of the pack-out series are metal-made. They are strong and reliable. You do not have to worry about the toolbox or tools inside, even if you drop it. The three storage boxes of the series have metal corners for added protection.
· Material: The storage and organizing toolboxes are made with impact-resistant materials to bear with unrelenting job sites.
The pack-out series has three tote bags as well. However, I am not going into detailed descriptions of those as I’m reviewing toolboxes only.
There are three things that you should check before buying portable tool boxes. They are:
In the Milwaukee portable toolbox system, you will find three storage boxes, large, medium, and small.
However, some other toolbox systems offer four boxes. If you need to carry a bulk of tools, then you might need four storage boxes.
Some portable toolbox systems have an integrated system. That is, all boxes are combined. And the others have detachable boxes like the Milwaukee portable tool boxes. It is more convenient as you can use the boxes separately as well.
Dimensions tell the tools you can store in the toolbox. So, it is crucial to check the dimensions along with the number of boxes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Are Milwaukee Packout boxes waterproof?
Milwaukee pack-out tool boxes have an IP65 rated weather seal. So, it prevents rain or water from getting inside the box and damaging them. However, it is not recommended to keep them in rainwater or wet condition for too long.
Milwaukee’s pack-out products consist of a Limited Lifetime Warranty against defects in material and production, excluding normal wear and tear.
2. Can you lock the Milwaukee Packout?
The toolboxes of the pack-out series lock to each other with the unique slide modular system.
3. How do I organize Milwaukee Warranty?
The quickest and most convenient method to arrange a warranty repair for your Milwaukee product is to use the Milwaukee E-Service.
This Milwaukee toolbox review covers some of the toolboxes of the innovative pack-out system. Milwaukee has gained worldwide popularity for it. Its tools and other toolboxes, tool chests, workbenches are also impressive. But, the new portable toolboxes are a game-changer.
You do not have to worry about carrying your heavy tool boxes anymore. You can leave this tough job on Milwaukee’s rolling toolbox.
You do not have to lose any more time looking for your tools all over the workshop. You can keep them organized and transport them to your harsh job sites without any trouble. The high-quality building material and weather seal makes it enduring for all job sites.